Build our future and make our lives easier.
“Hardly anyone could argue that getting the chance to work in the fields of structural, transport, geotechnical, track and environmental engineering is the best thing a Civil Engineer could ask for!”— Konstantina, Civil Engineering
How long: 3 years
What you’ll need:
A minimum of 2:1 MEng degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Your academic qualification must meet the requirements for CEng registration with the Institution of Civil Engineers.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Highly motivated
- Logical thinkers who are willing to learn
- Resilient and adaptable
- Results driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
What will I be doing?
As a graduate, your three year development programme will be made up of up to six placement rotations.
Your work will vary from placement to placement, and you will have the opportunity to identify your own placements with teams, and on projects you are most interested in.
You may find yourself:
- Working on maintaining and improving the structures and earthworks of London Underground
- Working on site on the delivery of step-free access schemes to improve accessibility to the network
- Given the chance to complete a placement on a major project such as the Silvertown tunnel river crossing
All these activities will directly make a positive improvement to many Londoners’ daily lives.
Where can this career take me?
A career with us can be very varied with opportunities across the whole of engineering for you to enjoy.
Typically, within five to eight years, you will be eligible for Chartered status. This could open up opportunities to be a Senior Engineer, Project Engineer or Construction Engineer responsible for making key technical decisions.
After a further few years, you could be a Team Leader or Project Technical Lead, managing your own team and make strategic decisions on design, strategy, and processes.