Did you know about degree 🎓 apprenticeships where you work and study at the same time? Earn a degree fully funded by TfL! No uni fees and no debts!! 💰
Be a part of the team that designs, installs and commissions the electrical ⚡️and mechanical ⚙️ assets that sit within our buildings.
At the same time, you’ll also be studying to earn a qualification accredited by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Our electrical and mechanical assets
These include lighting, low voltage, lightning protection, domestic water, gas, heating, air conditioning, ventilation sub-assets and tunnel ventilation assets. 💡🔌⚡️💧
They’re located all around London’s transport network, such as tube/rail stations, railway line side equipment rooms, railway depots and sidings, line service control centres and road tunnels. 🛤🚉
Projects you could be working on
There will be opportunities to work on some exciting on-going projects across London.
Here’s an example of a few projects which some of our apprentices have been working on:
Four Lines Modernisation
We are transforming the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines. When the work is completed in 2023, increased capacity and boosted reliability will make journeys faster and more comfortable. 😃
Watch how we’re transforming the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines:
Did you know:
- The four lines are among some of the oldest sections of the Underground network, with parts dating back to 1863 ❓
- Some equipment used on these lines is old and needs to be replaced. We’re introducing new technology 💻 that will reduce journey times and increase capacity – essential to support London’s growing population
- By replacing old and worn out track 🛤 and points your journeys will be quieter and smoother. Coupled with brand new drainage systems, they will be more reliable during bad weather. ⛈
We are improving accessibility on the Tube and London Overground by making more stations step-free. ♿︎
- Step-free access stations have lifts or ramps – or a combination of both – so that customers don’t have to use escalators or stairs to move between the street and the platform
- Currently there are 78 Tube stations, 58 London Overground stations and 9 TfL Rail stations which have step-free access! All DLR stations are step-free
Northern line extension
Our plans to extend the Northern line to Battersea will help regenerate the Vauxhall, Nine Elms and Battersea areas, supporting 25,000 new jobs and more than 20,000 new homes. Two new stations 🚉 are being built at Nine Elms and Battersea Power Station.
- The Northern line extension (NLE) will improve transport links 🚇 and public spaces in the area
- Journey times from Nine Elms or Battersea to the West End or the City will, in some cases, be less than 15 minutes 👌
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Find out more about our Building Services (Level 6) apprenticeship and how to apply.