Help us give our staff the tools and technology they need to make every journey matter.
“I’ve always been naturally skilled with computers. I love being able to identify and fix problems and come up with new solutions.
My decision to become an apprentice was based on TfL’s portfolio of work and reputation – it’s a company to take pride in.”
— Jason, Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
How long: 2 years
What you’ll need:
- 5 GCSE’s A*-C/ grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English language.
- To be 18 years old by 1 September 2019
We’re looking for people who are:
- Thriving in a team
- Have inquisitive mind
- Have analytical and logical mind to problem solving
In this role you’ll work on a variety of exciting projects including:
- Supporting applications and End User Computing devices
- Delivering and testing infrastructure technologies. Identifying and delivering potential areas of improvement to technology or process
- Gaining an understanding of managing physical servers, especially blade enclosures using remote management method
What will I be doing?
You’ll enjoy 6 or more placement rotations. There is flexibility for apprentices to tailor their scheme to their interests ensuring placements are taken within the End User Computing and Networks and Hosting teams.
We are aware that some apprentices start with, or develop during their placements, an interest to a technology area and we want to ensure you get the most from your apprenticeship with TfL.
Where can this career take me?
Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into Application Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Service Analyst which could lead to further career development opportunities such as Senior Engineer roles.
Applications are closed for this role.
Sign up to receive emails from us and find out when we’re recruiting.
“It has been a tough job keeping London moving, but I wanted to be part of that and help make a difference.”